Director, Customer Success
Over the past 30 years, the world has seen a steady rise in feelings of isolation. At the same time, it’s become easier to connect with strangers around the world than neighbors around the corner. At Venn, we’re building a platform dedicated to driving real-world connections between people in their neighborhoods. Our mission is to help people create a sense of Belonging in their homes and neighborhoods.
A great resident experience needs more than digital rent payment and maintenance requests. It needs a personalized, community-focused renter journey from move-in to renewal, and everything in between. Venn’s platform provides a Resident-facing app that combines better property management features like single-tap rent payment and real-time maintenance requests with meaningful ways to connect with neighbors and the neighborhood; an Experience Hub enabling property managers a single view of all resident behaviors with insights on personalized actions that can promote retention and renewal; and our Venn Experts Team, the human face of our platform, trained experts that work closely with property management teams to transform the living experience and the business through real connections.
About the Role
As a Director, Customer Success, you will be a key leader on the Customer Success team. In this role, you will lead the strategy and execution of one of our customer success teams, ensuring that customers are receiving maximum value from Venn’s products and experts. You and your team will serve as the voice of the customer to our internal teams, drive adoption of the Venn platform, ensure programs and campaigns are being executed effectively, and effectively demonstrate value to the customer. You will work cross-functionally with other teams including Sales, Community, Product, and Data, to accelerate usage, relay customer needs and increase customer retention. You will own the renewal process, as well as expand Venn’s relationship with current customers, through a product suite that directly impacts property owners and operators’ NOI and bottom line.
- Executing on an outcomes-driven strategy to ensure successful onboarding, adoption, retention and renewal of your customer portfolio
- Increasing overall customer lifetime value through higher product adoption, usage, customer satisfaction and NPS scores
- Partnering with counterparts in Sales, Customer Success and Implementation team to ensure effective success plans are in place for existing and incoming customers
- Partnering with Product on aiding the development and growth of existing and new products for our customers
- Providing operational oversight of the customer portfolio to deliver on targets and KPIs
- Establishing executive-level customer relationships
- Proactively tracking renewals and partnering collaboratively with cross-functional teams to ensure successful customer renewals
- Identifying and generating net new upsell and cross-sell revenue from existing customers
- 5 - 10 years of experience managing customer relationships in B2B SaaS companies
- 2+ years of experience in prop-tech companies, startup experience preferred
- Excellent relationship management, analytical and presentation skills
- Ability to think and operate both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated track record of influencing cross-functional teams and stakeholders
- Strong understanding of important processes in a customer’s annual contract cycle, procurement process, and negotiation best practices
- Successful track record in strategic selling - upsell, cross-sell, and renewal process
- Effective and top-notch communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high level of comfort connecting with and speaking to new people
- Exposure to and familiarity with CRM tools
- Determined and results-oriented
- Collaborative team-player
- Bring a customer-first and builder mentality
- Passionate about communities and creating connection
- Location: This role is hybrid in our NYC office.
- Willing to travel 10 - 20% of the time
For New York-based candidates, this position has an estimated annual salary range of $130,000 to $150,000, plus benefits and opportunities for equity. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors such as certifications. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.